Monday, June 1, 2009

Scout's Dedication May 31, 2009



Going back to RockHarbor has brought wonderful things to my life. I am so glad I made the decision to return and I look forward to raising Scout as a part of RockHarbor. Once I knew I was at RockHarbor to stay I decided to have Scout dedicated there. As a part of her dedication I was responsible for writing a blessing (mine was a lot like a letter) for her. I read this to her at the dedication surrounded by my sisters, parents and Dineen (Eric's Mom) and then a Pastor from our church prayed over us as well. Since not everyone could make it to the Dedication and not everyone could hear me as I read the blessing I thought I could put it up here, so here ya go.

Precious Scout,
We have prayed for you since before you were born. You are our sweetest blessing and our greatest treasure. As we gather here today we are more than just your family- we are your family in Christ, and we are committed to raising you in the love of our Lord, Jesus Christ. We pray over you now, and forver that you will seek Him to keep a clear conscience, love as He loves, be a "do-er" of his word and lean not only on your own understanding. And as your family, here to love and support you we will always do our best to help you become the amazing woman God intends for you to be.

The life verse I selected for Scout is:
The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith" 1 Timothy 1:5

When the Pastor from RH joined up for the prayer he prayed that Scout would be a Proverbs 31 woman. This was incredibly meaningful to me since I have thought of my Mom as a Proverbs 31 woman since I first read the passage in 6th grade. I also have recently begin to pray that God would help me become a Proverbs 31 woman. The Pastor who prayed with us did not know that about me or how I thought of my mom, he just wanted to pray that for Scout. To me it was really special and it is something I will always remember.

It was also really cool that Sarah & her husband, Anthony decided to dedicate their son, Jackson the same day. It was nice that our kids, being so close got to share that special day.


Scout showing her certificate:

Scout & Jack reading their new Bibles:

Scout & I:


Thank you again for everyone to came to show your love & support! I really appreciate it.

Love, Jes & Scout

4 comments:

The Grahams said...

Jesi! I am so glad you found me on facebook and gave me the link to your blog! I cannot believe how much Scout has changed since I've seen you guys last! She is just a little girl now, and SO cute! It was fun to check out all the pictures and see what you've been up to! You're blessing for Scout was beautiful. Here is our blog: http://the-graham-fam.blogspot.com

Love, Steph

Neighborhood Gossip said...

Totally cute! Congrats!

peeler said...

I love that she really reads her bible and that she said that everyone was there because they love her! :)

cutiefruit21 said...

awww Jes....wish I could have been there to share this special day with you guys....Im soo proud of you and what a good mom you are to Scout!! Love you and miss u