Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Sweet Little Girl.

A PRECIOUS MOMENT TO SHARE:

As many of you know, I have been thinking/praying A LOT about Scout being dedicated at Rock Harbor. This past Sunday they had dedications again and I kind of felt like a lame mom for not having stepped up and taken the proper steps to have Scout dedicated. On Monday, I downloaded the forms and got the info for the classes and decided I needed to get on the ball. I began to seriously consider which verse I will want to be her "Life Verse". Over the past 3 years I have thought of many verses that I thought would be fitting but never could decide. I started to seriously pray about it on Monday and I guess that is where my story begins...

Yesterday I spent sometime in my Dad's office taking care of some things that needed to be dealt with. My sweet Scout was very bored but patient while she waited for me to give her my undivided attention/waited for my sisters to entertain her :). When we were finally able to head home she was really hungry. On my way back to the freeway, I swung through the drive thru ( I know, I know... she honestly does not eat fast food very often so gimme a break!). As I was waiting in line to order a homeless man approached my car. He stood there staring at me for an awkward 30 seconds or so...I eventually cracked my window and asked him what he wanted. He asked if I would give him $2 for lunch. I told him NO but I did offer to buy him lunch and I asked what he wanted. I waited in line, ordered the food, and then swung through and handed the guy his food through the window of my car. Naturally my inquisitive daughter starting asking me questions about why we bought the "dirty guy" food. I explained that he did not have food or money for food and he probably did not even have a house. I told her sometimes people just need a little bit of help and today we gave that man a little bit of help. We said a little prayer that soon he will have enough food to eat and a nice place to live and that he will be safe. She seemed to have moved on as we drove home asking a million other questions along the way. We eventually made it home, she took her afternoon nap, and when she woke up she painted a picture while I made dinner. She was particularly proud of this picture as she called me over to see it. She explained that the picture she painted was a house for the man to live in. I was so proud. She is so sweet, so pure, and so AMAZING! I still can't think about that sweet little moment with out tearing up. Needless to say, that picture will be framed this weekend and on a wall in my house. What a perfect reminder of a pure heart! AND... as I sat down that evening to spend a little time with my Bible...I came across the PERFECT verse. "The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith" 1 Timothy 1:5 That verse sums up all of the things I want for my daughter...and I think that the Lord will agree :).

1 comment:

Jesi And Scout said...

Update on Scout's dedication. I spoke with the lady in charge of children's ministry today, and she will be dedicated this summer @ Rock Harbor. I was hoping she could be dedicated in May but Rock Harbor is a church with many young famalies and May dedications are already full. I will post more info once the date/time are determined. Dare I send out "Save the Dates"?