Friday, March 27, 2009

Eichler Obsessed






My Grandpa told me that this obsession is okay because it does not cost anything to dream. But honestly, I am pretty sure the Realtors are sick of seeing me drooling at their open houses. And...would you look at that, a new listing! I guess I have something to do Saturday.

Sarah got me into these houses and now I have my Mom into them with me and even Scout has joined in this obsession. Okay, maybe Scout is mildly brainwashed. It's so funny though when we drive by (which is often because the Fairhaven tract is conveniently located between my house & everything I want to do). She says things like "WOW, Mommy! These Eichlers are so rad, I'm jealous". I'm sure she thinks of it all on her own because I never say that..ha ha.

If you do not know about Eichler homes, they are mid- century modern marvels (I added the marvels part.) There are only about 650 in Calilfornia and over 300 of them happen to be in Orange. LUCKY ME.

Anyways, if you wanna be a cool kid. You can drive a Volvo (like Sarah & me- come to think of it...my Mom drove a volvo station wagon too!) and you can spend time dreaming of and decorating "your" Ecihler too. I know my ADD is out in full effect but I justify it by saying that Sarah's OCD is just as bad.

You honestly have to see these houses inside to truly appreciate them. If you have time cruise by and check them out! Maybe you will become an "Eichler Enthusiast" too.

This is newest listing:
http://web.me.com/moderndwelling/766_S._Woodland_St./HOME.html

4 comments:

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

What about them makes them marvels? What makes them unique?

I love that Scout says "rad" LOL

Jesi And Scout said...

They have atriums in the center and there are floor to celing glass windows(Soren would be dangerous there). You could not replicate one now. The city would never permit it because of the new energy codes- go check it out this weekend!

Sarah said...

Thanks for calling me out...haha. I'm just glad someone shares my obsession now and is equally as delusional as I am. That's funny that you mention the wagon's because my mom had a Volvo Wagon too!

Anonymous said...

these homes offer fabulous "indoor / outdoor" living. The homes are very California modern.

Here is a good resource for Eichler homes, including many photos: http://www.eichlerforsale.com